Acai Berries grow on an Amazon Palm Tree and have been prized for hundreds of years by Brazilian natives for their ability to provide a sense of strength, energy, and a high nutritional content. Acai Berries are high in essential fatty acids & omegas that have been found to lower both LDL & HDL cholesterol levels. They are also a remarkable concentration of antioxidants to help combat premature aging. Acai Berry is a dense source of a particular class of flavonoids called anthocyanins. The ORAC value of Acai Berry is higher than any other edible berry on the planet. Acai Berry is also an excellent source of dietary fiber.
Additional Facts about Acai Berry:
• Acai Berry is a dense source of particular class of flavonoids called anthocyanins (red-blue phenols with potent antioxidant properties)
• Anthocyanins are a group of phytochemicals in red wine thought to contribute to the "French paradox", i, e. France has one of the lowest incidences of heart disease of any westernized society despite a prevalence of smoking and a diet high in saturated fat and cholesterol. Acai pulp contains 10-30 times the anthocyanins of red wine per equal volume.
• The primary anthocyanin in Acai is cyanidin-3 glucoside , Cyanidin-3- glucoside has been found to be 3.5 times stronger than Trolox (vitamin E analogue) and the predominate anthocyanin found in red wine (nalvadin-3-glucoside) in an ORAC analysis (measure of antioxidant capacity) .
• Anthocyanins have been found to "exhibit numerous potential therapeutic effects including treatment of diabetic retinopathy and fibrocystic disease of the breast in human". "Other potential physiological effects of anthocyanins include radiation protective, chemopratective, vasoprotective and anti-inflammatory agents".
• The fatty acid ratio of Acai resembles that of olive oil, which is thought to be a contributing factor to the low incidence of heart disease in Mediterranean populations
• 60% Oleic (Omega 9) a monounsaturated, essential fatty acid, helps lower LDL (harmful cholesterol) while maintaining HDL, (beneficial cholesterol) levels.
• 12% Linoleic (Omega 6) a polyunsaturated, essential fatty acid, has been found to lower both LDL and HL levels.
• Fatty acids aid in the transport and absorption of fat-soluble vitamins ice. Vitamins A, E, D, and K.
• Acai contains valuable phytosterols.
• Sterols are components of plant cell membranes providing numerous benefits to the human body, namely the reduction of blood plasma cholesterol.
• Sterols are currently being used to treat symptoms associated with BP.
Adults, take two (2) capsules daily as a dietary supplement.
Serving Size: 2 capsules
Servings per Container: 30
Contains Acia Extract 4 : 1 1200mg Other ingredients: Magnesium Stearate and Gelatin.